Why am I here?

Ok, so things have not gone exactly to plan with my Marathon history, I had intended to run the Marathon four years ago, although a rather unfortunate incident with a motorcycle things had to put on hold for a while. Four operations and a little bit of misery and pain, I am back to my old self (well almost) and next April I will be running the London Marathon.

Whilst I was in hospital I met a lovely lady in the next door bed who had cancer. She was an inspiration to me with the courage she showed. Our conversations gave me the drive to get back on my feet and keep going, and gave me the opportunity to see what a difference I could make. A bone marrow transplant can literally save a life, and if we can get one person to join the bone marrow register and become a donor, it would be a fitting tribute to her.

Posted in Labels: , , |

0 comments: